The Council of Metropolitan League of Women Voteres (CMAL) will present a panel discussion on January 9, 2021, 10:00-11:30 a.m. The topic is Metro Area County Government, and the panel will feature Jan Callison, former Hennepin County Commissioner; Lisa Weik, Washington County Commissioner, and Matt Smith, Dakota County Administrator. They will discuss current issues in county government, including the effects of the pandemic, relationship with the Met Council, and efforts at transparency, accountability, and community engagement.
If you were unable to join us on November 17 for this informative event, here is the link to the video recorded by Ramsey County Library-Roseville: https://my.nicheacademy.com/rcladult/course/22069
Join us on November 17th 6:30 - 8:00 pm on Zoom to focus on health policy lessons COVID-19 provides. Our current system is ill-prepared. People are losing employer coverage on top of those who are already without coverage. The pandemic points to the need for a system that addresses health disparities and covers everyone, without exception-a system that plans ahead to address public health needs efficiently. Co-sponsored by LWV Roseville Area and Ramsey County Library - Roseville. Zoom meeting hosted by Ramsey County Library- Roseville. Register in advance at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rJlj3Ma9QDCmsOLlvDpy8A.
It is too late to mail an absentee ballot and know that it will be counted. You can still vote early in person or at the polls on election day. Or drop off your absentee ballot at an early voting site. Ramey County drop off sites can be found here: https://www.ramseycounty.us/residents/elections-voting/voters/vote-election-day/vote-mail
Thanks for voting!
The Council of Metropolitan Leagues of Women Voters (CMAL) has issued a newsletter (attached) that covers:
- Election of CMAL officers
- Governor Walz's Blue Ribbon Panel on Metropolitan Council governance structure (the subject of a 2018-19 CMAL study)
- The October 17 Zoom meeting on the Regional Parks System
Previously Recorded Candidate Forum links:
- Roseville City Council: https://www.ctvnorthsuburbs.org/videos/lwv-roseville-cc/
- District 42 Senate and House A & B conducted by the LWV-White Bear Lake League: https://lwv-wbla.org/voter-services/candidate-forums/
- Maplewood Mayor & City Council: VOD Link: http://vod.maplewoodmn.gov/CablecastPublicSite/show/862?channel=1
- District 43 Senate and House A & B: VOD Link: http://vod.maplewoodmn.gov/CablecastPublicSite/show/863?channel=1
- Little Canada Mayor and City Council: https://www.ctvnorthsuburbs.org/videos/league-of-women-voters-candidates-forum-city-of-little-canada/
- District 66 Senate and House A & B: https://www.ctvnorthsuburbs.org/videos/league-of-women-voters-candidates-forum-senate-66-house-66a-66b/
- ISD 622 North St. Paul/Maplewood/Oakdale School District: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XczG7Om1lg
In-person voting begins on Friday, September 18. There are several locations in Ramsey County that will hold in-person absentee voting. Go to the linked website or contact the municipality or county for directions and hours. Unless otherwise indicated, locations only issue absentee ballots for residents of that municipality.
Do you have questions about registering to vote, completing an absentee ballot and how to return it, election security or any other 2020 election related issue? In recognition of National Voter Registration Day, Michael Wall, Voter Outreach Specialist from the MN Office of Secretary of State, will respond to any and all voting questions.