The League of Women Voters of Roseville Area hosted its annual Conversations with Constituents on Thursday, January 21, in which local elected officials (county commissioners and legislators) joined League members and guests for informal group discussions of current topics of import in our communities.
Our questions and challenges were given thoughtful and informed answers from 10 legislators and county commissioners as they lead our communities and state through Minnesota's recovery through the next year and beyond. Our first-ever Zoom Conversations was a success because of the engagement of our members!
The evening was recorded and is available here, so if you missed part or all of our dialogues, or if you wish to share it with a friend, you can access it any time.
The Council of Metropolitan League of Women Voteres (CMAL) will present a panel discussion on January 9, 2021, 10:00-11:30 a.m. The topic is Metro Area County Government, and the panel will feature Jan Callison, former Hennepin County Commissioner; Lisa Weik, Washington County Commissioner, and Matt Smith, Dakota County Administrator. They will discuss current issues in county government, including the effects of the pandemic, relationship with the Met Council, and efforts at transparency, accountability, and community engagement.
If you were unable to join us on November 17 for this informative event, here is the link to the video recorded by Ramsey County Library-Roseville: https://my.nicheacademy.com/rcladult/course/22069
Join us on November 17th 6:30 - 8:00 pm on Zoom to focus on health policy lessons COVID-19 provides. Our current system is ill-prepared. People are losing employer coverage on top of those who are already without coverage. The pandemic points to the need for a system that addresses health disparities and covers everyone, without exception-a system that plans ahead to address public health needs efficiently. Co-sponsored by LWV Roseville Area and Ramsey County Library - Roseville. Zoom meeting hosted by Ramsey County Library- Roseville. Register in advance at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rJlj3Ma9QDCmsOLlvDpy8A.
It is too late to mail an absentee ballot and know that it will be counted. You can still vote early in person or at the polls on election day. Or drop off your absentee ballot at an early voting site. Ramey County drop off sites can be found here: https://www.ramseycounty.us/residents/elections-voting/voters/vote-election-day/vote-mail
Thanks for voting!
The Council of Metropolitan Leagues of Women Voters (CMAL) has issued a newsletter (attached) that covers:
- Election of CMAL officers
- Governor Walz's Blue Ribbon Panel on Metropolitan Council governance structure (the subject of a 2018-19 CMAL study)
- The October 17 Zoom meeting on the Regional Parks System
Previously Recorded Candidate Forum links:
- Roseville City Council: https://www.ctvnorthsuburbs.org/videos/lwv-roseville-cc/
- District 42 Senate and House A & B conducted by the LWV-White Bear Lake League: https://lwv-wbla.org/voter-services/candidate-forums/
- Maplewood Mayor & City Council: VOD Link: http://vod.maplewoodmn.gov/CablecastPublicSite/show/862?channel=1
- District 43 Senate and House A & B: VOD Link: http://vod.maplewoodmn.gov/CablecastPublicSite/show/863?channel=1
- Little Canada Mayor and City Council: https://www.ctvnorthsuburbs.org/videos/league-of-women-voters-candidates-forum-city-of-little-canada/
- District 66 Senate and House A & B: https://www.ctvnorthsuburbs.org/videos/league-of-women-voters-candidates-forum-senate-66-house-66a-66b/
- ISD 622 North St. Paul/Maplewood/Oakdale School District: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XczG7Om1lg